Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Final Thoughts

Well, as the quarter is ending, so is this blog. I thought it would be nice to kind of wrap up my thoughts in one final blog post. So here it goes!

At the beginning of the quarter, I was what I like to call "ecologically illiterate", I barely recycled and if I did, it was probably wrong. I was using plastic water bottles everyday, not carpooling or riding the bus, and a bunch of other harmful actions that I didn't even think about.

Through just one quarter, my entire thinking about sustainability has changed. It isn't something that only liberal "hippies" should be concerned with. It is something that affects EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS PLANET. If we don't do something to change our unsustainable practices now, there may not be a later for generations to come.

With all that preaching, I will end on this thought: if we as citizens of this planet can unify and practice sustainability on a micro level, it will all add up to a huge difference on a macro level. So please, be kind to the earth and leave it in good shape for the next generation.

That's all for this blog, thanks for reading!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment